Wednesday 10 July 2013

SERVER_ERROR object too large for cache

SERVER_ERROR object too large for cache

> I get "SERVER_ERROR object too large for cache" when reading a large 
> value from memcached.

Solution: Start memcache with -I option.
/opt/bin/memcached -p 11211 -u memcached -m 4096 -vv -I 10 &

Now memcache provides Configurable maximum item size

Many people have asked for memcached to be able to store items larger than 1MB, while it's generally
recommended that one not do this, it is now supported on the commandline. A few enlightened folk have also asked for memcached to reduce the maximum item size. That is also an option.
The new -I parameter allows you to specify the maximum item size at runtime. It supports a unit postfix to allow for natural expression of item size.
Examples:
memcached -I 256k # Refuse items larger than 256k.
memcached -I 5m  # Allow objects up to 5MB

No comments:

Post a Comment